Monday, April 09, 2007

Vacation (Part Next)

These pictures are all out of order. Since it would be quite frustrating to try to rearrange them, I shall do my best to paint a chronological picture with my words. (if that's something you can do. . . )





This picture was taken Wednedsday. We were buying t-shirts. My dad was really excited; he got one that says "You don't know me. . . Federal Witness Protection Program.'" He thought that was quite clever. I got one that says " I heart DC". How original. We also bought hoodies at a little stand like this (there's several of them. . .) Quite a nice vacation prezzie from Daddio.

This was Wednesday at the Spy Museum. Very interesting place--so much to read and absorb. I really liked it. It's maybe on my Top Five list.


Rochester, Caleb, Jacob, and Josh.

Family we stayed with. (Yes, they do have a mother and father.) This picture was taken Thursday morning as we were leaving.

Robert E. Lee Memorial

Taken Thursday morning at Gettysburg on our (indirect) trip home.

Also at Gettysburg. Not sure what it is. Presumably a memorial of some kind.

The view from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Definitely on my Top Five list!!

Andrew, David, and I

Love this picture!

Part of the Vietnam Memorial Wall. I love this picture so much because of the flower.

Vietnam Memorial

It was soooo sweet. A young boy had written a letter to his great-uncle (whom he had never met) and left it at the wall. And my mom and I both read it and started crying.

National Archives

Top Five List! Oh, interesting tidbit. We were there the same that day that Nicholas Cage and the cast of National Treasure II were there filming. We hope we're in the movie. =D

Korean War Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
See what I mean about them being all out of order? Sigh.

Inside the Lincoln Memorial.


My family at the Lincoln Memorial

My family again. =)

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures almost as much as I enjoyed taking them. =) And when I move to Virginia so I can see the sights anytime (and because it's warm), you're all welcome to come visit me. Just not all at once.


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, April 09, 2007, Blogger Jessi said...

Did you actually SEE Nicholas Cage? (Yes, that is my only comment after seeing all those lovely pictures. I am quite superficial)

 
At 10:16 PM, April 10, 2007, Blogger Betsy said...

those are my favorite sights of all, I think!

 
At 11:30 AM, April 11, 2007, Blogger Elizabeth said...

We didn't actually see him. =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home