Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where do I begin. . .?

I have no idea. Yike. I haven't really blogged since like, last summer.

In August, I went back to Northland for a year. I think most of you knew this, as you have seen pictures on Facebook and such. I LOVED this past year. Allow me to ramble about my peeps!

My roommates were Audrey and Jen. Audrey and I had been roomies before and we decided we would enjoy each other's company for another year. When I met Jen for the first time, I thought she was shy, but it turns out that was a
false impression! Then I met Jess, who grew up with Audrey. Soon after that, Jenny, from across the hall, started coming over. Add to that mix Corrie (from freshman year) and Kathleen (from home) and I had a pretty sweet and amazing group of friends. I love those girls and I am so thankful for the times we spent talking, laughing, arguing, eating, getting ready, napping, studying. . .all that stuff.

I also traveled for Northland on a music/drama team. There were nine of us students. We
quickly went from being strangers to something quite close to family. We had an amazing time traveling on the weekends, ministering in different churches and taking part in a few special events. I have never ministered with such a close group of friends, so that was wonderful experience. The girls--Amanda, Becki, Kelly, and Angela--were quite like sisters in the way we interacted and UNDERSTOOD so much about each other. And those boys--Mitchell, Travis, Chad, and Vladimir--quite the gentlemen and quite the cut-ups, never failing to make me laugh! The team is traveling this summer with a different pianist and I shall miss them so.

God was so good to me in giving me godly close friends. He also taught me SO much about ministry, his church, and his Son.

I am home now. Happy to be here, but I am missing everyone I have to be without. However, I am looking forward to summer--work (which means money!), road trips, a tan, and watermelon. Yippee!!

I think that's enough catching up for now. More--and hopefully better--inspiration may strike me later. Maybe in the form of a poem or something. LOL

Summer is coming; I can't wait!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home