Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today

Three things I'd like to share.

1. Tonight was weird at work. We ended up having to put a patient in restraints. Keep in mind, this is done for the safety of the patient and the staff. They are monitored very closely for signs of distress and for food/bathroom needs. Still, for me having never been around this sort of thing before, it was quite intense. Later, we had a patient who forgot to get dressed when they got out of the shower. Welcome to my version of normal.

On to brighter things.

2. My dog Teddy is so incredibly weird. I get home tonight and he--as always--runs to the door to greet me. I walk with him into the den and find these bits of something on the floor. He had been chewing his tennis ball toy thing. But he doesn't merely chew it. He gnaws a piece off, sucks on it for a while, spits it out, licks the ball where he gnawed it (as if he wounded it or something), then licks his paw, and then licks the floor where the piece of ball he just spit out is lying. And then he starts over. Is this what all dogs do? So after that bit of drama, he decides to go to sleep. Only I think he had a bad dream, because his legs were moving like he was running and he was barking and shaking. lol What a funny little friend.

3. Another work story. We have a patient that I'll call Ron. I was walking to the door the other day and Ron ended up behind me. . . walking. . .singing to himself. The lyrics to his song went somewhat like this:

It's a beautiful girl in the neighborhood.
It's a beautiful girl in the neighborhood.

If I only had a brain.

Quite an excellent singing voice he had!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, April 18, 2007, Blogger Stacy said...

After reading that, it doesn't seem quite as exciting that my company likes to discuss poop at their Christmas parties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home