Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer Plans

I have pondered my summer and considered what my activity will be. Here's what I've come up with.

1. Working. A LOT.

Two jobs. . . double shifts. . .crazy patients. . .stressed out staff. . .sneaking cookies in the patient kitchen. . .getting distracted by all the shiny things in Kohl's. . . all to make money that I can't even spend. Sigh.


2. Attempting to get a tan.

This is always a fairly fruitless effort. Several reasons for this. One is that it seems to never be sunny here. At least not when I'm not working. It also doesn't help that I usually sleep until an hour before I have to work. Oh, and I bought a kiddie pool last summer to entice me to spend more time outside. But that fills up with BUGS AND LEAVES, so I usually never get in it.


3. Mediating online between two people who can't seem to decide how they feel about each other.

And getting in trouble while I do it. Oh my word. NEVER interfere with young love. At least, not when you are as awkward and obvious and big mouthed as I am. Also, we must hate online conversations as they are saved and can be COPIED AND PASTED and come back to haunt you.


4. Watching sitcoms and crime shows with my family.


I swear, we're addicts. I think it's cute, though, how we all sit around--three of us on the computer. . . one of us reading the paper--watching TV together, laughing at Ray, Marie, and Doug. Good times, good times.

5. Spending far too much time on Facebook.

Five hundred friends and so little time to keep up with all their wall posts, updates, and pictures! And then there is flair; flair is ADDICTING. Oh my word. And the board is FAR TOO SMALL. I think it would be cool if they gave us different "display options" for our flair. Like, maybe a fridge or something. Like you would have in your dorm room. Or a Christmas tree with flair ornaments!!

6. Road trip with my brothers.

I have no idea where. I was thinking the UP. Andrew has suggested San Diego because "it's the furthest thing away from Saginaw in these here United States." His plans include swimming and crossing the border to Mexico. Should be interesting.


I think there's more but I can't recall. More to come later!

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, June 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sure you were supposed to list "visit Lacey in KS" on this post.

Call me!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home